Bismarck-Mandan’s Sanctuary House
Find Comfort In Crisis
Song Bird Room
Front of House
Stay With Us
The house has 5 separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for guests, with the ability to accommodate individuals and families. Each room is furnished with one to two beds of varying sizes and is private with its own lock and key. Guests can also utilize common areas throughout the house, such as the dining room, living rooms, kitchens, chapel, and backyard.
– Cable TV
– Full-Service Washer and Dryer
– Fully Furnished Kitchens
– Non-Perishable Food, Snacks, and Coffee/Tea
How To Stay With Us
1. Review Eligibility / Stay Requirements
2. Get A Referral
3. Schedule An Appointment
Who is eligible to stay at Tracy’s Sanctuary House?
To be eligible, guests/patients must:
- Reside outside the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- Be experiencing a medical emergency or life-threatening crisis. This includes outpatients for chemotherapy, radiation, dialysis, or transplant procedures, as well for medical-related appointments.
- Have a referral from a hospital or medical professional.
Each case will be assessed on an individual basis. First priority will be given to the immediate family members of trauma patients receiving medical care in Bismarck- Mandan hospitals.
*Nightly fee applies to all non-emergency guest stays.
Are there any rules or restrictions for stays?
- For everyone’s protection, guests who have infectious diseases cannot be admitted or if already in the house, will be asked to leave.
Infectious diseases include, but are not limited to:
- Hepatitis A
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Disabilities and Limitations
- Guests must be able to take care of themselves. If a guest has limitations, a caregiver for that individual must also be registered and stay as a guest.
Please note that the house is not ADA-compliant and that the property has stairs to the main floor and lower floor.
- Minor-aged children (17 years of age and under) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking, and Pets
- No alcohol, drugs, smoking, or pets are allowed on the premises. If someone is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the request, they will not be allowed access.
Who can provide a medical referral?
All guests are required to have a medical referral to stay at Tracy’s Sanctuary House. Any staff person at a medical facility may submit a referral: social workers, case managers, doctors, nurses, or chaplains. The professional/referrer must contact TSH directly and fill out a form with the necessary referral information.
Have a referral? Schedule an appointment with us.
How long can guests/patients stay?
Length of stay for guests can be from 24 hours up to 6 weeks. Emergency guests can initially stay 24-48 hours and any extensions can be determined by the Admissions Coordinator on a case-by-case basis.
All non-emergency and outpatient guests can stay up to 6 weeks according to their Chemotherapy/Radiation and Dialysis treatment plans or individual situations.
What rooms are available?
Due to space limitations, only one to two sleeping rooms are allowed per family; exceptions will be left to the discretion of the Admission Committee. More than one family may be occupying the house at the same time. Rooms can not be reserved for future return visits.
What does it cost to stay?
All guests are required to place a $50 deposit prior to their stay. Emergency guests are encouraged to make a $25/night donation.
All non-emergency stays are $40 per night up to 3 weeks. This includes stays for medical appointments, the night before same-day surgery, and visiting non-life-threatening patients.
Any guests or outpatients (Chemo, Radiation, Dialysis, Transplant) exceeding 3 weeks are $15 per night.
Mon – Fri: 8 am – 8 pm*
Weekends: 8 am – 6 pm*
*Unless an emergency
Tracy’s Sanctuary House reserves the right to restrict or refuse the use of the house based on the greater needs of its guest population.
Did You Know?
It costs $50/night per room to keep Tracy’s Sanctuary House open to continue its mission. With five bedrooms, the daily operational cost is $250.
Want to help fund a family’s stay?